[Rule-list] Pre and post install scripts

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Apr 3 23:33:43 EEST 2002

Martin, Devon

the more I think about your suggestion and the way Devon implemented
it, the more I like the idea. I, too, don't know exactly how many
practical uses we could find for it (apart from the very useful disk
space recovery, of course), but am sure that there are many others.

For example, this hook for pre/post install scripts sounds like
something we could use to do highly customized install and slinky
based *upgrades*, doesn't it? The scripts may be used to place on disk
your existing dial-up parameters, or to maintain current config
files.. etc..

		RULE project leader

--
The three most dangerous things are a programmer with a soldering
iron, a manager who codes, and a user who gets ideas.