[Rule-list] ANNOUNCE: FINAL RUSH FOR RULE LOGO

Bryon Gill bgtrio at linuxfreemail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:00:08 EEST 2002

Here's a slightly cleaned up version of the image I submitted a few days
ago:

http://www.aduni.org/~bryon/rulelogo_040402.jpg

I changed the text to black, and changed the coloration of the
penguin images a bit.

The concept is that RULE takes a big but rather plain (grayscale
in fact) penguin, and makes it smaller and progressively more colorful,
signifying the ways in which there are different advantages to full-size
versus minimal linux distributions.  I got the idea when thinking
about the russian doll concept, with bigger penguins splitting in half to
reveal smaller ones.  Well, Russian doll penguins are beyond my ability
to draw :) but I can do progressively smaller penguins, and I think this
gets the idea across.

I think it's fairly obvious how this could be iconified, a small square
image of a penguin inside a larger yellow square (basically the "E"
block).

Suggestions and criticisms are welcome
Thanks,
Bryon Gill (aka abe ferlman)