[Rule-list] defending the crown

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at indahaus.com
Mon Apr 8 21:53:10 EEST 2002

At 4/7/2002 12:46 PM -0500, you wrote:
>However the word rules (rulez) has become totally internationalised
>as in the phrase
>
>Linux rulez dood.

No offense to anyone, of course, but I have only seen that type of phrasing
and spelling from immature teenagers bent on causing harm for the fun of
mayhem; to me, and to some others I know, this has a very bad connotation.

While I do not wish to upset anyone, as I said, if there are a bunch of
people who will take that negatively then we may choose to deliberately
steer away from it to protect our image from misunderstanding by others.

(Even if the misunderstanding is the other guy's fault, still *we* get the
bad rap from his prejudices.)

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at indahaus.com