[Rule-list] Domain name [was: Need for an application database]

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 01:24:30 EEST 2002

"Rodolfo J. Paiz" wrote:

> At 4/6/2002 01:18 AM +0200, you wrote:

> >I think we should get the corresponding .com, too.
>
> Great if we can do it. For my own domains, I always try to get the
> full com/net/org just because I prefer it that way. No real need, of
> course.

Me, too... As a German I also grab .de.

> >Translations might want to use the fitting country TLD,
> >for Germany that would be rule.linux.de and rule-projekt.de.
>
> This I do not think is a good idea. Those get expensive, and now
> you're *really* talking about a boatload of domains. Better just
> "de.rule-project.org" and "de.rule-linux.org" which cost us nothing.

You are absolutely right. It's just my habit to also register the German
.de (and .info, but there it gets really expensive). My thought was more
like "if s/he wants the country domain, s/he can register it
her/himself".

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi