[Rule-list] Test PC config data

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 01:41:13 EEST 2002

"Rodolfo J. Paiz" wrote:

> At 4/7/2002 12:47 PM +0300, you wrote:
> >Would it also be helpful to receive the fields in translation?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, Richard... can you give more detail?

I understand it that Richard wants to set up a database for translations
of phrases, error messages... whatever occurs in the installation
process so later localized versions of Slinky can easily be built. This
is a Good Idea (TM) IMHO. I propose the following structure:
Table PHRASE
id LONG INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY
english VARCHAR(255) (or a longer TEXT field)
Table TRANSLATION
id LONG INT
lang CHAR(5)
translation VARCHAR(255) (or a longer TEXT field)
lang has a length of 5 so sub-languages like en-us and en-uk can be
used. The language should come from a drop-down list in the HTML form,
just like the phrase you want to translate (which will give the ID
number as value).

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi