[Rule-list] Introduction

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Thu Apr 18 00:13:18 EEST 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 10:36:21 at 10:36:21AM -0700, Geoff Burling wrote:
> Hello --
>
> After about a month of lurking, I felt it was time to introduce myself
> to the list. My interest in RULE is not only to keep the promise alive
> that Linux will run ``on all sorts of old hardware", but to use it as a
> test-bed for developing light-weight Window Managers.
>
> I'm also a part-time contributor to the AfterStep WM project, which meets
> many of the criteria that Marco set out in his email not too long ago.

Geoff,

first of all, welcome aboard!

Thanks for the every bug signalled in the installers. Apart from that:

1) thanks also for the "deeveloping light-weight WM" part: it's going
to be one of the most important subsystems for the desktop use of
RULE, so do come in with any suggestion you might have (or contact
that part of me wearing the hat of coordinator for the WM subproject
offlist if think it's better)

2) We have very concrete and important reasons to run linux on old HW,
but RULE has the potential to be cool and trendy too: there is not
that much power difference between a 1995 PC and a 2002 PDA...

Back to work now...(don't forget to insert any relevant AfterStep data
in the application database!)

		RULE project leader
--
Life is what happens whilst you're busy making other plans
                                                 (John Lennon)