[Rule-list] FINAL DECISION on RULE domain name

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Thu Apr 4 02:38:46 EEST 2002

Marco Fioretti wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 00:01:06 at 12:01:06AM +0200, Martin Stricker wrote:
> >
> > Do you already own webspace or a domain? It's cheapest if you
> > register month (Euro 12 per year) for a .com/.net/.org domain. If I
> > would register with Network Solutions it's US-$ 79 per year... AND I
> > need two nameservers!
>
> No, this would be the first. I've looked around a bit, and seen that
> even for first timers there are much cheaper solution than NS (which,
> BTW, is <50 USD/year, isn't it?

So they decreased their fee the last one or two years when I last
checked...

> Some agencies, however, look to me like some gipsy wagon businesses
> (no offense to gipsies), and just as likely to pack up and disappear
> in the night, hence any suggestion is welcome.

I work with the biggest webhoster/registrar in Germany (they even claim
to be the biggest in Europe): United Internet / Schlund&Partner
http://www.schlund.de/ / 1&1 Puretec http://www.puretec.de/ (sorry, all
in German only, they only accept customers who live in Germany due to
the complications of doing sales internationally). They won't disappear,
and they are quite cheap.

So my offer remains to register and pay any desired RULE domain. Don't
worry about the cost, it's just a little contribution to a project I
really find worth it. And I need something to deduce from my taxes...
*snicker*

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Moeh for Kanzler! ;-) http://www.yes-moeh.de/index/