[Rule-list] Slinky 0.2.2 [was Re: getting network up with slinky 0.2.1]

Eugene Wong disposable_eugene at hotmail.com
Sat May 4 02:42:57 EEST 2002

>From: Michael Fratoni <mfratoni at tuxfan.homeip.net>
<snip>
> > What files do I have to configure? What do I type?
> > ifconfig shows lo and eth0 as running just fine. I can ping myself and
> > others on the LAN.
>
>Something along the lines of:
>
>  route add default gw 192.168.0.1
<snip>

I tried it. It still can't seem to connect to the outside world, though.
When I ping any other computer it says that there is no response. When I run
the installation script, there is still no response, but there is
"success!". I don't understand the problem.

At this point there seem to be 2 remaining problems. First, the installation
program keeps trying to copy over /etc/mtab, /etc/fstab, /etc/passwd and
/etc/network, but can't find them. Secondly, the script can't seem to find
the rpms. Perhaps it's not connecting to the Internet, or perhaps it's not
finding the correct port. I tried installing directly from ftp.redhat.com  I
don't know what their port is.

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong