[Rule-list] How do I convert .iso image?

Jason Roysdon jroysdon at hotmail.com
Wed May 8 22:39:07 EEST 2002

>From: Marco Fioretti <m.fioretti at inwind.it>
>Subject: Re: [Rule-list] How do I convert .iso image?
>Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 19:23:07 +0200
>
>On Wed, May 08, 2002 16:14:38 at 04:14:38PM +0000, aa1rb1 at juno.com wrote:
> > How do I convert a downloaded .iso image into exacutable files?
> > Such as the redhat .iso images at their ftp site.
> > jim
>
>Jim,
>
>I'm not sure I understand what you need. Saying executable, do you
>mean "cdrom one can boot from"?
>
>	Ciao,
>		Marco Fioretti
>		RULE project leader

You can either burn them direct to CD (they are the actual ISO9960 images
from a CD) which most CD-R/RW writing software natively support, or you can
mount them and not need to burn a CD:

mkdir /mnt/rh73-d1
mount -t iso9660 -o loop valhalla-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/rh73-d1

Speaking of RedHat 7.3 ISOs (which you may not have been, but I haven't had
time to read the list at all lately), I've got them available if you're
still having a hard time getting access to the mirrors:

ftp://synux.synovation.com/pub/redhat/linux/7.3/en/iso/ (2.3mbit connection)

ftp://artoo.net/pub/redhat/linux/7.3/en/iso/ (T1 to Sprint & T1 to UUNET,
but you'll only get 1.5mbit max)

I installed Valhalla last night with no problems on my fully up2date RH7.2
server install at home.

Jason Roysdon, CCDP/CCNP:Security, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
Public email : jroysdon at hotmail.com
Homepage     : http://jason.roysdon.net/

PS: Don't use a subject like that looks like spam, as your message will end
up in my junk filter and never be read.