[Rule-list] 486 slinky: not all rpms installed

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Mon May 13 03:27:04 EEST 2002

Eugene Wong wrote:

> It appears that I finally got things working for the most part. Slinky
> seems to work okay, up to the point where it begins to install rpms.
> There seem to be many rpms that don't install at all. Others seem to
> install okay. Is it possible that some rpms listed in the install
> disks don't actually exist on a particular mirror, while some do exist
> on that same mirror?

This sounds like you are doing a network install from a mirror. Since
Valhalla (RHL 7.3) was released this week, the mirror might be quite
busy and thus refusing some of your connections. Just a wild guess,
though...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi