[Rule-list] Re: no ppp support in install kernel?

Gordon Buzowetsky idesofmarch at sk.sympatico.ca
Sun May 19 15:18:08 EEST 2002

>Some years ago, playing with serial to serial connections, using
>intersvr.exe and interlnk.exe under dos, the machines were left all night to
>transfer the pkunzip command to leave an entire partition (or disk) ready to
>run win95 or 98 or even 2000! depending on the hardware. The trick was to
>install on some computer similar enough, but yet having more memory and/or
>more disk space.
>
>Too bad nfs doesn't put up with an all night session. Had hoped it was more
>tolerant.
>
>Richard

Hey guys....been watching this with much interest..

I have no experience whatsoever with nfs....but I too; like Richard have
used interlink and intersrv.

Why not a PLIP install?

Laplink cables are not terrible expensive, and it ain't fast but plip
seems to work as well as anything else of this genre......;-)    This is
definitely not a newbie friendly install; but  the lack of a cd drive
will cause one to go to extreme measures to get an install to work.

Tiny Linux uses PLIP to get Slack 4 installed on older boxes....why not us??

Just my 2 cents.....G