[Rule-list] another 486 update [was Re: no ppp support in install kernel?]

Eugene Wong disposable_eugene at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 09:30:56 EEST 2002

>From: Michael Fratoni <mfratoni at tuxfan.homeip.net>
>
>Sorry for the delay answering. Things have been a bit hectic.
<snip>

No need for sorries or explanations. I realize that you are busy. This
volunteer work, so don't pressure yourself.

I tried to reply to this already, but my browser shut down. What a pain. Now
I have to redo this, so I'm going to try to make it short and to the point.

I don't know why the rpms didn't install. I did them all manually, and never
thought to log the errors. As you might expect, a lot of them scrolled off
the screen. I'll try logging some errors and checking the md5sum and then
get back to you.

Also, I'll try working on the ftp option for installs, if that would help
you. I was thinking that it would be helpful to have a different setup.sh
script on a different disk2. The init script could copy over the setup.sh
script on the ram disk and people can go from there. What do you think?

Also, where does one get wget? Would it be included in busybox or would I
have to copy it onto to disk2?

How do we know which rpms need to be installed first? How do we know which
ones have scripts? Is there an easy way of doing it, other than trial and
error? I'd like to make a seperate package list for the absolute essentials.

Sincerely, and with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong