[Rule-list] (no subject)

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Fri May 24 04:05:26 EEST 2002

ka1heo at juno.com wrote:

> Has anyone tried to load the new Red Hat version 7.3 yet, using
> slinky or miniconda?

Michael Fratoni is currently working on taking miniconda to RHL 7.3. He
has already begun moving slinky to 7.3, it already (at my request) uses
the 7.3 boot kernel since version 0.2.5. To install 7.3 instead of 7.2
you just need to change the package listing files on the second disk so
they contain the RPM names from 7.3, and I guess it'll work fine. Maybe
you run into a problem because there are changed dependencies, though.
If you manage to get slinky installing RHL 7.3, please e-mail all your
changes with a short explanation to Michael Fratoni, thank you!

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi
Red Hat Linux 7.2 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/