[Rule-list] Re:Is in the fly compression needed?

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed May 29 08:40:41 EEST 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 00:50:54 at 12:50:54AM +0000, chris clark wrote:
> Maybe 1=compress nothing,
> 2=only big, noncritical stuff
> (For instance, compress all manpages,/usr/doc, and
> similarly non-performance oriented stuff.),
> and 3=compress everything possible.

Sorry, Chris, just to be sure I'm following you: by "everything", do
you mean "everything" including all the user files created and deleted
during normal use?

If children must grow able to leverage computers to meet their own
goals as free citizens, that's not possible with commercial software,
period. -- Ruben Safir