[Rule-list] More on GRAB?

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed May 29 08:33:07 EEST 2002

On Tue, May 28, 2002 15:15:03 at 03:15:03PM +0200, Martin Stricker wrote:

> No solution for the problem, but... may I suggest Matthias Saou's apt-get
> instead?
> See http://freshrpms.net/apt/ for details.
>
> --
No preconceptions at all. Let's look at it from a different angle:
which method allows more easily the use of a local CD, instead of
going online to look for some ftp server?

Our inventions are wont to be pretty toys, which distract our
attention from serious things. They are but improved means to an
unimproved end, an end which it was already but too easy to arrive at;
as railroads lead to Boston or New York. We are in great haste to
construct a magnetic telegraph from Maine to Texas; but Maine and
Texas, it may be, have nothing important to communicate.

                    -- Henry David Thoreau (from Walden), 1854