[Rule-list] Installing RPM without docs

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Thu May 30 06:13:54 EEST 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 22:43:34 at 10:43:34PM -0400, Michael Fratoni wrote:
> > Michael, do you think it is possible to:
> >
> > 	ask the user if docs are wanted at the beginning of install,
> >
> > 	and always run rpm with that option if the answer is No?
>
> For the slinky installer, easily done. (And I like the idea.)
> It would only require the addition of a few lines to the scripts.
>
> For miniconda, probably, but it would require some hacking.
> I'll have to look into it.

OK. We have also to keep in mind that this should coexist with the
post install script we are planning to run, to remove unneeded files
(which only *sometimes* are docs). Those scripts should not abort or
complain trying to remove dirs/files never installed, and *not* remove
docs (without asking) if the user said "keep them".

Reality is an illusion - perception is what counts.