[Rule-list] Anybody have experience with openvt?

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sun Jun 2 07:09:44 EEST 2002

On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 12:03:04 at 12:03:04PM -0700, Eugene Wong wrote:
> >From: "chris clark" <clarkcd at myrealbox.com>
> <snip>
> >but the man page says:
> <snip>
> >give that a try.
>
> Oh, sorry. I forgot to mention that I checked the man page and it didn't
> work as described. I had to use "openvt -sw", without quotes, of course.
>
> I'm surprised at how little comment there has been about this idea for RULE.
> For what it's worth, I'm happy running one console at boot up and then using
> "openvt -sw". I'm sure that it saves time at boot up too.

Eugene,

you are right. I didn't answer initially because I seemed to remember
that this had already been discussed, coming to the same or very
similar conclusions, some time ago (but I might be wrong of course). I
also agree with Chris' correction: two looks better, so if one locks
yuo go to the other.

We have to pursue this subject of fun very seriously if we
want to stay competitive in the 21st century. -George Yeo,
     Singapore's Minister of State for Finance.