[Rule-list] network.opts

Joe Sprankle joes at primarycolor.com
Mon Jun 3 23:32:02 EEST 2002

Marco,
I'm sorry the original post was a little vauge (must be monday) :-)
Toshiba Protege 7140, nic, smc 8040tx
I have been using it with Slackware for quite a while, I've also used Debian
on it. The redhat is seeing the card and loading the pc_net module(I believe
that was the name of the module, laptops at home). My only problem is
getting the machine to use dhcp to configure it's connection. I've found it
common amongst many distros that /etc/pcmcia/network.opts is where you can
configure either to use dhcp, or whatever static adress you need to use.
Redhat doesn't have this file. The /etc/pcmcia directory exists but doesn't
contain network.opts. I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere and I have
done research but to no avail.
thank you,
joe