[Rule-list] Miniconda RPMs [was: New to list.. (Plus a Miniconda update!)]

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Tue Jun 4 00:15:18 EEST 2002

Been away again, catching up (reached Wednesday 29 May)

Michael Fratoni wrote:

> Rather than post anaconda rpms on my server, anyone mind if I just
> post the patch files and the modified spec file? You can then install
> the standard anaconda source rpm, put the patch files and the new spec
> file in place, and run rpm -bb anaconda.spec to generate:
> anaconda-7.3-7RULE.i386.rpm
> anaconda-runtime-7.3-7RULE.i386.rpm

Could you please add the miniconda version number, like
anaconda-7.3-7RULE0.7.4.i386.rpm
anaconda-runtime-7.3-7RULE0.7.4.i386.rpm
(not sure if that fits the RPM naming conventions) ? That would make it
easier to determine which version of miniconda I'm dealing with...

> If anyone would prefer I post rpms, I'll do so.

Might be good for beginners, unless there is *easy to find*
documentation on how to use the patches. I'd prefer having both patches
and RPMs, but I'm quite happy with just the patches.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Webmaster-Forum: http://www.masterportal24.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.cgi
Red Hat Linux 7.2 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/