[Rule-list] sshd Fails?

Ed Blackman rule-list at edgewood.to
Tue Jul 23 01:20:25 EEST 2002

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:47:19PM -0700, Geoff Burling wrote:
> Has anyone been able to get sshd to work on a 486? (My system has a
> 486DX33 & 20MB of RAM.)

sshd needs to do some fairly computationally intense calculations at
startup (creating the host key? something like that).  It takes a
minute or two on my AMD 5x86/133 (effectively, a clock-quadrupled
486/33), so I would imagine it would take longer on a 486/33.

Have you tried starting the service after bootup?  How long did you
let it go before you killed it?

Ed