[Rule-list] linux meant for SA(s)

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Sat Jul 27 02:20:50 EEST 2002

Shekhar Joshi wrote:

> big list but the part about getting all the packages together is
> over, stuck on how to install ??? need some inputs here so that i can
> finish it sooner. :)

Both miniconda and slinky can do this. In both cases, go get the
original comps file from the CD, delete all but the base packages,
delete those base packages you do not want, and add all the additional
packages you want to install, sorted into appropriate labels (KDE and
others). If you use Slinky, you don't need to upgrade packages, just do
a custom CD with only the wanted packages on it (just the packages,
nothing else because slinky does booting and installing, not anaconda).
Be careful with the package list, take the lineup from a install
(/root/install.log, on 7.1 probably /tmp/install.log) - slinky does no
dependency checking and ordering prior to install!

Hope this helps. I'm a bit terse, it's 01 AM and I need sleep...

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 7.3 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/