[Rule-list] RPM analysis rpmgraph

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Tue Jul 30 01:24:02 EEST 2002

On Mon, Jul 29, 2002 14:55:29 at 02:55:29PM -0700, Feeley wrote:

> I get the impression that part of the resolution of the problem of how to
> make the distro smaller and more essential may involve laborious curation
> of the stated dependencies in rpms.  That seems to be one of the reasons
> behind the success of the apt system.

I have heard from many sites that one of the major problems with rpm
systems is not rpm itself but the lazyness/lack of knowledge of the
packagers who put in a lot of dependencies without any real need.

I don't know if and how much this is true, would like some feedback.

In any case, it is obvious that the "laborious curation" is needed at
some point to really optimize the system.

                                                       R. A. Heinlein