[Rule-list] Help needed for distro_analyzer and self dependencies

Ed Blackman rule-list at edgewood.to
Mon Aug 12 20:59:28 EEST 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 08:08:16AM +0200, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 15:14:00 at 03:14:00PM -0400, Ed Blackman wrote:
> > Is bash the only example?  If so, I would suggest adding a special
> > case in the database generation script to avoid it.
> >
> Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them. As far as I can tell from
> my tests, I've seen similar issues only with the glibc (glibc,
> glibc-debug, etc...) family.

Hmmm... I've just looked briefly, but don't see what the problem is
with glibc.  The glibc package effectively requires itself (since it
requires things like /sbin/ldconfig, which it provides), but I don't
see the equivalent problem to bash, which requires something that it
doesn't list as providing.

Can you elaborate?

Ed