[Rule-list] Help needed for distro_analyzer and self dependencies

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Tue Aug 13 03:50:25 EEST 2002

Ed Blackman wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 09:11:57AM +0200, Marco Fioretti wrote:
> > rpm -q --requires bash
> >                       (among others)     /bin/bash

> > Any suggestion about how to deal with this?
>
> Is bash the only example?  If so, I would suggest adding a special
> case in the database generation script to avoid it.

Not helpful at all, but: I would like to avoid "special cases" as it
might lead to very much special cases in the end. It might be better to
find out first what weird things RPM is doing. Is someone here
subscribed to the Red Hat RPM list and can ask over there, please?

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 7.3 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/