[Rule-list] Newbie: Miniconda-Questions

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Thu Aug 22 03:20:13 EEST 2002

Udo Melis wrote:

> Hello List!
>
> What i would like to know is: Can Miniconda be used to install
> Redhat7.3 on older Systems. Has it the same functionality
> ( Hardwaredetection, etc. ) Would it be very hard to customize RH7.3
> with Miniconda? How is the gernal status on Miniconda? Or has Slinky
> the same features? I am not interested in Http- ftp- and nfs-installs
> nor do really need all the anaconda functionality like
> updatefetching, kickstarts etc. ( CD will do )

You'll find some information on the website. Basically, miniconda is a
slimmed-down anaconda (Red Hat installer) and thus has nearly the same
features. Slinky is much more minimalistic and meant for systems below
12 MB where miniconda won't run nicely anymore.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Moeh for Kanzler! ;-) http://www.yes-moeh.de/index/