[Rule-list] Unlurking - differences between miniconda-0.7.2 and -0.7.3x, -0.7.4

C David Rigby cr8s at virginia.edu
Wed Sep 25 16:21:03 EEST 2002

On Wednesday 25 September 2002 07:43 am, C David Rigby wrote:
> Greetings all,
> 	I've been lurking on the list for some time now, ...

Per my earlier post, I continued to work w/ miniconda-0.7.2.  I noticed
something when it came time to partition the HDDs.  The choice of "fdisk"
lead me instead to Disk Druid.  No problem, there, but then disk druid would
not let me create or manipulate some partitions on the drive /dev/hda.  I
could create /boot there, but not swap or /.  Instead, disk druid insisted on
puting them on /dev/sda, the external SCSI drive.

I retreated to RH6.2, and partitioned /dev/hda as follows:
/dev/hda1  /boot
/dev/hda2  /swap
/dev/hda3  /

I then started miniconda-0.7.2 again, and used DD to fix the filesystem types
(from "linux" to "ext2") on /dev/hda and to create the partitions on
/dev/sda:

/dev/sda1  /var
/dev/sda2  /usr

This seemed to work fine.  All partitions were formatted with bad block
checking turned on.

Miniconda continued, and I chose a server-type installation.  miniconda began
scanning package information, and then crashed, producing an error dump.  I
saved the dump to diskette.

I hesitate to post this document to the mailing list (31kB) without an
invitation to do so.  I can also direct it to a specific individual or group.
Is there any interest in this?

Thanks
C David Rigby
cr8s at virginia.edu