[Rule-list] Failed Miniconda Install

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sat Oct 5 20:27:37 EEST 2002

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 09:41:01 at 09:41:01AM -0600, Arthur Yarwood wrote:
Arthur,

welcome aboard!

I'll leave comments and suggestion about what you reported to Michael
Fratoni (miniconda's author) and others more qualified than me to
answer.

> I have had stock Redhat 7.0 running ok on this machine. I was wanting to
> update it though to run CUPS, which has nice drivers for my new laser
> printer. I intend to use the machine as a print server you see.

This is *exactly what RULE is all about: why should one give up on
modern SW only because of "obsolete" hardware?

> BTW you seem to have a lot of dead links on your website, notably the
> all theones on the 'testers corner' page, like 'registering your computer'.
Yes, this is due to the server going down some days ago, and us still
working on complete restore. I will upload the missing pages right
after answering to this message. Please try again in one hour, and
report here any missing link. Also, look at the install report pointed
from the docs section.

Last but not least: I would really appreciate if you could save to
file all the messages you get, and any description of the install you
feel like writing, and sent it all, zipped, to me personally, so I can
put it online for documentation purposes.

	Thanks again for your help!

		RULE project leader

--
There can be no daily democracy without daily citizenship.
					      Ralph Nader