[Rule-list] RULE mailing list problems!

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sat Oct 19 02:30:09 EEST 2002

rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr
Bcc: m.fioretti at inwind.it
Subject: RULE email problems, was: New email server address for RULE?

Hello, everybody, but specifically to Geoff and Liam who also had
problem in mailing the RULE list.

Personally, I haven't even received the email that Geoff sent
yesterday. I see that the guys at www.savannah.org did indeed change
something: the list email now comes from mail.nongnu.org, not from the
mailserver (mail.freesoftware.fsf.org) which used to work up to three
days ago. Apparently the guys at FSF  moved non gnu projects somewhere
else, and (AFAICT) did not notify it to the list responsible (=me).

Unfortunately, I switched to RH 8.0 just today, am still reconfiguring
everything, and, specifically, have email but no web access yet. This
means that (being late night here now) I won't be able to visit the
fsf web site and check what happened before 24 hours.

Please be patient, and keep around a copy of anything you sent to the
RULE list in the last two/three days.

Also, be sure to check your procmail settings so that nothing about
RULE (either from nongnu.org or freesoftware.fsf.org) goes to
/dev/null. I'll let everybody know asap what happened.