[Rule-list] About RH 8 not supporting 486

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Wed Oct 23 13:04:32 EEST 2002

Michael Fratoni wrote:

> On Tuesday 22 October 2002 08:35 pm, Martin Stricker wrote:
>
> > Personally, I would like to have a RULE ISO. It could contain some
> > other useful stuff (and thus make RULE more known): SGI said they won't
> > provide an ISO for Red Hat Linux 8.0, so you can not use XFS
> > filesystems at install time, nor for your / directory. The RULE CD
> > could fit in here very nicely!
>
> OK, seems to work. I still need to make a few modifications, so I'm not
> releasing it just yet. How's this for size:
> $ ls -sh slinky-v0.3.1.iso
>  19M slinky-v0.3.1.iso

Whow, that's perfect! Even my modem should get this in less than 2 hours!

> It's a bootable ISO which starts the slinky installer, and provides the
> i386 kernel package. It also contains the .img files required to make
> boot floppies.

Is rawrite.exe also included, for those who need to create boot floppies
from Windows? Oh, forget it, it's on the Red Hat CDs...

> I still need some testers to use the previously released slinky-v0.3.1 and
> give me some feedback on the rpm dependencies for everything other than
> the base and network options. Please?

I don't think I will get to it before the weekend. I hope for the weekend.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker

Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 8.0 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/