[Rule-list] slinky-v0.3.1

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr
Wed Oct 23 23:39:42 EEST 2002

On Sunday 20 October 2002 09:26 am, Michael Fratoni wrote:

> New slinky version is available.

Hello All

Picked up 8.0 personal for 60 euro and can now start with v0.3.1.

> As a work around for the time being, it installs the kernel-BOOT package
> on i386 and i486 machines. Not optimal, but it'll have to do for the time
> being.

I downloaded kernel-2.4.18-17.8.0.i386.rpm from the update site, thinking that
it wasn't going to be included. Is this the one Michael refers to?

> Until I get a chance to find a better solution, it is always
> possible to bring up networking, and install the updated i386 kernel from
> any mirror you like. (Red Hat did release updated kernel packages for the
> i386)

Or, rather, Michael says to download it?

> The installer now installs the optimized kernel for the machine (i586,
> i686) based on the output of 'uname -m'.

"installer" here means anaconda or slinky?

> All dependencies are satisfied for the base install and networking
> packages. I haven't tested the other sub packages yet. There are sure to
> be dependency problems with the other package options. Anyone testing, if
> you could run rpm -Va (after rebooting) and send the results along with a
> list of the package groups selected during install, it would be helpful.

Happy to oblige. Sorry for the silly questions.

Richard