[Rule-list] slinky-v0.3.1

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Fri Oct 25 03:39:52 EEST 2002

Richard Kweskin wrote:

> On Sunday 20 October 2002 09:26 am, Michael Fratoni wrote:

> Picked up 8.0 personal for 60 euro and can now start with v0.3.1.

Interesting! In Germany it's only 50 Euro!

> > As a work around for the time being, it installs the kernel-BOOT
> > package on i386 and i486 machines. Not optimal, but it'll have to
> > do for the time being.
>
> I downloaded kernel-2.4.18-17.8.0.i386.rpm from the update site,
> thinking that it wasn't going to be included. Is this the one
> Michael refers to?

No. The boot kernel has the same version as the kernel included with
RHL8.0: kernel-BOOT-2.4.18-14.i386.rpm found on CD3.

> > The installer now installs the optimized kernel for the machine
> > (i586, i686) based on the output of 'uname -m'.
>
> "installer" here means anaconda or slinky?

Slinky 3.1. There isn't a miniconda for RHL8.0 that I know of.
Oh, now it'sd slinky 3.2... Thanks, Michael!

> Happy to oblige. Sorry for the silly questions.

No silly questions found! ;-))

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/