[Rule-list] About 3rd party developers

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Sun Oct 27 16:53:46 EET 2002

Marco Fioretti wrote:

> When these thing happen, no distro can help. The really RULE-ish
> thing to do, the one that I hope to learn eventually from this
> project, and to make publicly available, is to correct the Makefile
> and patch the source code (or, much better, to convince the developer
> to do it himself): after that, which package format one uses is a
> secondary issue.

Agreed completely.

> (**) with all respect for the Dalai Lama and the people of Nepal, of
> course!

Not wanting to nitpick, but the Dalai Lama is the spiritual leader of
Tibet (now occupied by the "People's Republic" of China. Nepal borders
to Tibet but is Hinduistic, while Tibet is Buddhistic.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 7.3 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/