[Rule-list] Red Hat No Longer Supports 486

Martin Stricker shugal at gmx.de
Fri Nov 1 01:41:16 EET 2002

Marco Fioretti wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 01:25:57 at 01:25:57AM +0100, Martin Stricker wrote:
> >
> > So my question at all of us is: Do we want to find one way to
> > proceed with RULE, or could we split up our efforts into several
> > distros *without* those nasty distro wars? Opinions and needs are
> > different. If we proceed carefully I'm positive that the different
> > subprojects will be able to help each other.
> >
> "one way to proceed" is against "Opinions and needs are different",
> which is way OS/Free SW is so loved.

I purposely put it that way to put an end to the discussion of what
distro to use. While it can be fun to participate in such "wars" I feel
this gets in the way of our goal.

> If *other* people, like Liam, start working on something else AND
> report here what they find (lean and mean applications, optimal set
> of libraries, etc...) I'll happily take it!

I *might* find some time to look into Debian. At least I'm interested.

Best regards,
Martin Stricker
Linux Migration Project: http://www.linux-migration.org/
Red Hat Linux 7.3 for low memory: http://www.rule-project.org/