[Rule-list] links web browser [not lynx] has text & graphics versions

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Mon Nov 25 07:29:12 EET 2002

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 15:57:32 at 03:57:32PM -0800, Eugene Wong  disposable_eugene at hotmail.com  wrote:
> Has anybody tried links? It can be run in text mode or graphics mode. It is
> extremely fast, and would be great with TinyX. The text mode has color.
> There are screen shots for the graphics mode, and text modes.
>
> atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/index.html
> artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mikulas/links/
>
> I'm quite excited about this. Be sure to let me know what you think.

It is going to be an interesting fight. Look also at:
	http://www.rule-project.org/en/screenshots.php

I hope to update sometime this week the browser page

www.rule-project.org/en/docs/web_surfing.php

with the "browser use cases" table discussed here with Liam some days
ago.
Eugene, may I ask you, as a contribution to that page, to investigate
how the w3m and links RPM coming with Psyche compare in terms of

	disk, RAM and dependency needs
	but, above all to investigate features (Javascript?Frames?
	Tables?whatever) and easy integration with other
	programs (= mail/ftp/agents like wget and curl)

	Thank you in advance,