[Rule-list] Re: Slinky and tinyX

Raymundo Baquirin rayb at apc.edu.ph
Wed Nov 27 18:43:12 EET 2002

On Monday 25 November 2002 19:42, you wrote:
> From: Michael Fratoni <mfratoni at tuxfan.homeip.net>
> To: rule-list at nongnu.org
> Subject: Re: [Rule-list] Re: Slinky and tinyX
> Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 22:45:25 -0500
(snip)
>For anyone who can't build the
> packages, I will make the packages availabe. I just don't want to post
> them publically on my server.
>
> However, this may not help much. Touch screen support isn't compiled in,
> and attempting to do so causes the build to fail. I haven't figured this
> out yet. Does the stock version of XFree86 contain touchscreen support?
The driver I'm using, from
http://www.softwarekombinat.de/linux-point510-touchscreen.html
works with stock XFree86.  It installs as a kernel module

> What I will do, is provide a nosource rpm on my server. You can install
> the nosource package, and grab the XFree86 source from:
> ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.2.0/source/
I have downloaded the source files but I don't have a proper build
environment here at work (some required libraries missing).  This weekend I
will have a go.

Ta,

Ray