[Rule-list] How to make download links more evident?

Eugene Wong disposable_eugene at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 9 10:52:00 EET 2002

>From: Marco Fioretti <m.fioretti at inwind.it>
<snip>
>In spite of this, I've been told several times that it is not evident
>from the web pages where one must go to just download fast the latest
>installer/ISO, and it is true.
>
>What do you think? Should I add another row in the header, so those
>two links show in *all* pages?
>Should I put them somewhere else? Where/how?
>Should I make more evident other packages (I think that Michael's
>installers, ISOs, and probably kdrive are the most important pieces)?
>Which ones?

Well, unless I misunderstand your questions, the "Software" link takes me to
exactly where I want to go. 1 click, & then I get to see a list of what I
want. It would have been much easier for me if "Software" was "Download". I
think that "Download" seems to be pretty standard. Would someone be able to
comment on that?