[RULE] FWD: Re: [Rule-list] The RULE submission page is UP!

Marco Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Mon Dec 9 15:54:18 EET 2002

Sorry if you already got this, but since it didn't show up in the
archives I'm sending it again...

----- Forwarded message from Marco Fioretti <m.fioretti at inwind.it> -----

Subject: Re: [Rule-list] The RULE submission page is UP!
From: Marco Fioretti <m.fioretti at inwind.it>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:54:50 +0100
To: rule-list at nongnu.org

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 00:39:43 at 12:39:43AM -0800, Eugene Wong  disposable_eugene at hotmail.com  wrote:

> Marco, I really like it. It seems to encourage development of the things
> that are most needed, because it gives a list of types of things that we
> are looking for. I like the way that you mention on the web site that all
> fields must be filled in, because it helps to prevent people from not
> providing us with info just because they are too lazy. If they genuinely
> don't know anything else, then they could just add junk text, I suppose.

Thanks, that (encourage development, submissions and requests, even
from non participants) is what I hope too.

> One thing that I would suggest is to provide a comments box for people to
> add things that we forgot to ask about. This comment would get copied into

I was setting up practically the same thing as a new "contact us"
page. You are right, though: the submission form must have an explicit
link to that page saying "if we forgot any field, or sw category,
please let us know <here>". I'll add it!

> I recommend that you mention the following text on that page, unless you
> only meant this text for us.

Ach, I didn't do it, did I? Too sleepy, I guess: yes, that text must
be added too, thanks

> I'll have to email you a short text file to explain Vacuum, because I don't
> have it posted on a web site.

OK, great. Remember that, especially with relatively little scripts like vacuum,
we can host both pages and source code on the web site (I say this
because I received both the two "dummy" entries from you, and the real
vacuum one, but with no URL for source code)

----- End forwarded message -----