[RULE] Resource -light apps

Richard Holt rholt at telcel.net.ve
Sat Dec 14 17:32:00 EET 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:13:43 +0100, Marco Fioretti
<m.fioretti at inwind.it> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 10:40:23 at 10:40:23AM -0800, Owen Dorsey
>  owld at earthlink.net  wrote:
> > 	These first two posts by me are long winded, in the future I can
> > 	cut
> > the crap. XFce sounds good, Opera or small Mozilla, any others? I
> > will definitely try the RULE installer and report back.
> >
> Owen,
>
> thanks for your interest in the project!
>
> If you try the RULE installer on a new computer, please add it to the
> "test" database (see www.rule-project.org/en/test/). I will add a form
> for data entry when possible. In the meantime, just post to me (not to
> the list) the data below.
>
> About browsers: try Galeon, Dillo, browsex, or a text one: links, w3m,
> lynx. Opera has no source available, the "small mozilla" is called
> phoenix, but don't know how useable is right now, never tried.

I'm using the Phoenix 0.5 release on Mdk 8.1 instead of Opera 6.11.
Downloader is a bit quirky but it will get better.

The name will change to something with the 0.6 release but it is very
usable.
Offers tabbed browsing similar to long time Opera feature. Op611 just
not working very well for me since 6.03. Been using Opera on win and lin
for about three years.

regards,
Richard.