[RULE] SCSI install

Forgosh, Seth sforgosh at tiaa-cref.org
Mon Jan 27 15:20:23 EET 2003

Michael,
	Thanks again for the great support. The install was fairly straight
forward on my Vmware machine. On this box, I had a SCSI CD-ROM drive and a
floppy drive available with an IDE hard drive. Before booting from the CD, I
copied the scsi_mod.o, BusLogic.o and sr_mod.o modules to a floppy. This was
necessary to enable SCSI support once the system was booted. If possible, in
a future release, it would be helpful if these modules were available
without the floppy. Anyway, once I booted from the CD, I mounted the floppy
and loaded the SCSI modules via insmod commands. I then ran the setup.sh and
selected an all CD-ROM setup. When prompted for my CD device, the script
couldn't find it, but all I had to do was switch to another terminal session
and mount the CD manually. With that done, the setup proceeded as normal and
I was left with a working RH 8.0 build in 12 MB of RAM!! If anyone has any
questions on my setup, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to
answer. Thanks again.

Seth Forgosh