[RULE] Check the new logo submission

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Tue Jan 28 17:55:02 EET 2003

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 15:54:04 at 03:54:04PM +0100, Vegard Munthe  vegard at copyleft.no  wrote:

> > and let the list know what you think. Thanks to Haef for the drawing
>
> The pushing pengiun is very nice. Shouldn't be that hard to color it for a
> nice all purpose logo. Maybe fit the letters RULE in there somewhere. On
> the turtle?

I was thinking (for both proposals) to have the penguin saying "RULE!",
like in usual comics (the little cloud coming out of mouths)

> I'm fan of logo's that can incorporate the lettering of the project, and
> that are small enough to make buttons of... :)

About the "everywhere" part of RUL(E), somebody said in the beginning, IIRC, to
place a planisphere in the background, very dim, to not hurt the eye
but still convey the message. We can try it as a refining step.

Buttons are good too, even for links ("this application RULEs", or
"Friends/users of RULE")

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

People often find it easier to be a result of the past than a cause of
the future.