[RULE] Advocating RULE

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Tue Mar 25 07:12:58 EET 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 21:27:42 at 09:27:42PM +0200, Kweskin Richard  rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr  wrote:

> > I'll put online for general use the OpenOffice slides used in the
> > conference, as they are a very good resource for introducing RULE.
> >

> Marco created the presentation using Impress and I downloaded it and added a
> little bit to it. It was my first time using the software (I had never before
> used any other presentation software actually.) The interface was a no
> brainer.

Just a quick note: I'm thinking of placing online two sets of slides:
the one which was actually presented at the conference, and one
for general reference/reuse. In the beginning, the two would be 95%
identical, but the second one would be updated whenever is needed.
What do you think?

> On the last day David Bucknell and I decided to start a gnu/linux user's group
> from the teachers who had expressed interest and it has provided a means by
> which to continue keeping Rule visible together with the open offer of help.
> (Even a small amount of experience can help those who know nothing.)

Excellent, Bucknell's iteachnet.org and RULE can benefit a lot from
each other. See also Bucknell's comment on RULE when it appeared on
http://www.rule-project.org/en/links.php

> up. Thank you Marco. Thank you Michael.

Gee, thanks, and thanks to you again!  :-)

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

It's always socially unacceptable to be right too soon. -- RAH