[RULE] Spreadsheet/DB of the SW, part 2

Eugene Wong disposable_eugene at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 13 23:57:29 EEST 2003

>From: Martin Stricker <shugal at gmx.de>
>
>First of all, I want to apologize that I've been absent from the list
>for such a long time. I recently moved, and the phone company needed
>more than a mont to give me phone and internet access here... So expect
>some more replies to *really old* messages over the next days...
<snip>

Welcome back. I'm glad that you are back. I must confess that I completely
forgotten when you started being absent. It's been so quiet here, that it
only seems like about 1-2 weeks ago. Needless to say, I am glad that you are
back. Are you going to be able to work on the database? :^) [Did anybody
notice the transition in subjects? ;^)]

I might be moving away in a couple of weeks, unfortunately, and I'm not
skilled in databases, so I'll trust you to do your work--I mean, whoever
takes on the job. Yeah, that's what I meant. ;^)

Seriously, as long as we get the specifications onto a web page, then I'm
sure that somebody will eventually come along & implement it for us.

>It's called "Null-Modem cable". And such tutorials should be out there.
>Already the first look at the usual suspect was successful:
>http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/PLIP-Install-HOWTO.html
<snip>

I'm surprised that I forgot about that. I think that that was the 1st place
that I learned about it. Oops! :^)

Once again, welcome back Martin.

Sincerely, & with thanks,
Eugene T.S. Wong