[RULE] Windows-like GUI

Ingo Lantschner ingo at vum.at
Mon Apr 21 01:42:06 EEST 2003

Quoting something from the rule-webpage:
> An interesting justification presented for WindowMaker or XFCE is
> that they would require less adjustments for a user switching from MS
>  Windows. I don't think this matters in our case: the newbie to
> computing will take whatever we give him, and won't find any
> interface weirder than another. Ex MS windows users will very often
> have enough hardware and/or expectations to just ignore us and go KDE
>  or Gnome anyway.

Pls. allow me to add something: In most of our projects we do in Africa,
the question arises, if what we train the people can help them to get a
job somewhere. Since the companies are often equiped with MS-Office and
Windows, a Windows-like GUI is also an advantage for the newbie.

Ingo.
Ingo Lantschner

	Verein zur Unterstuetzung von Menschen
	Marchettigasse 5/11, A-1060 Wien