[RULE] Windows-like GUI

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Apr 23 11:36:44 EEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 00:42:06 at 12:42:06AM +0200, Ingo Lantschner  ingo at vum.at  wrote:

> Pls. allow me to add something: In most of our projects we do in Africa,
> the question arises, if what we train the people can help them to get a
> job somewhere. Since the companies are often equiped with MS-Office and
> Windows, a Windows-like GUI is also an advantage for the newbie.

Good point... Just make sure to let them know that, if they want to
get free from proprietary SW, the most important thing is, even when
working on Windows, to produce/exchange files in open formats. In
other words:

(windows + OOo AND producing only OOo formats)

is much better than:

(linux + GUI + OOo to release MS Office formats)

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

...the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. (Calvin)