[RULE] Flux-Box integrated Slinky

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Wed Apr 30 00:10:31 EEST 2003

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 21:21:10 at 09:21:10PM +0200, Ingo Lantschner  ingo at vum.at  wrote:
> Thanks to the many
> helpfull tips and the much pre-work from the Rule-Project our
> association has now a very small and fast configuration

This is really great news!

Now, about installation:

Hypothesis 1:
> Including or integrating the installation of TinyX and fluxbox into
> slinky (as an additinoal option/alternativ to Gnome and KDE).

Hypothesis 2:
> Building *one* rpm which installs TinyX and fluxbox on top of a
> *Slinky-installed* RedHat9.

Hypothesis 1 requires Hypothesis 2: once we have two RPMs for TinyX
and fluxbox, customizing slinky so it offers that option is a small
task. Note that I said two RPMS because graphic server and window
manager should not be merged together (as a general principle, that
is).

Concretely, I can build the fluxbox RPM. Pending instructions to the
contrary from Michael, I will just grab the latest stable version from
its web site, and package it for RH 9 with the default options.
(I'll have time to do it after may 7th, however)

TinyX is a different beast: I'll let Michael speak about packaging
that SW in RPM format, because I have not 100% clear yet which source
files should be uses, which compile options, etc...

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

                                                       R. A. Heinlein