[RULE] Re: Rule 0.8.0 and signal 15

Al Bennett al at plasticfish.co.uk
Sat May 3 00:35:55 EEST 2003

Dear Marco and All

First of all, Marco, thanks for responding so quickly and pointing me in the
direction of this list.

I have some good and bad news, bad news is that I haven't figured out the
signal 15 problem I had.  The good news is that I managed to get Redhat 8
installed on my old P120 using the slinky iso (with a bit of work).

I'd still be very interested to hear if someone's figured out what went
wrong with miniconda, I'm still puzzled.  I didn't mention in my email that
I was going to choose a hard disk with iso images install.  I can't remember
if I was asked for installation method before it asked for the updates disk
(where it sig 15'd) but maybe that was related as anaconda bombed when I
chose hard disk install but it was happy to install from cdrom.  In case
you're wondering, I didn't use the cdrom option because the drive in that
box is flakey and the install never gets more than halfway through before it
craps out!

Anyway, I'm happy that I did get installed using Slinky and I'd like to
thank the developers again for this project, I'd never have got Redhat on
that old machine without it!   If there's someway that I can help the
project in the future, I'd be interested to know (although I don't have a
great deal of spare time at the moment)

Right I'm waffling now, so I'll be off.

Regards

Al