[RULE] PR or "bringing it on the street" (was Office on fluxbox)

M. Fioretti m.fioretti at inwind.it
Sat May 3 12:27:21 EEST 2003

On Sat, May 03, 2003 10:57:03 at 10:57:03AM +0200, Ingo Lantschner  ingo at vum.at  wrote:
> May be its best you subscribe to this
> AFLUG-list and answer it through the list - so even if this Victor is
> not reacting other people can benefit.

Ok, I'll subscribe there and make it known that RULE exists.

> > we certainly don't want to appear the
> > condescending, "know-it-all" guys.
> thats fine, but you are one of the very seldom and valuable "know-very-much"
> people - and if you would know, how many people told us, before we found
> Rule, that we should use this "Linux", without having the smallest idea,
> how to install something w/o 128MB RAM, ...

Hehe....

Yes, many people, including, sadly, many developers, keep forgetting
that "inexpensive" is one of the most terribly relative words on
earth, and are too pumped with "Free as in Freedom and as in beer" to
get practical (ie remember that *new* SW can be free in both senses,
new HW only in the first one...)
Sincere thanks for the compliment, however.

Marco Fioretti                 mfioretti
Red Hat for low memory         www.rule-project.org

Go ahead, capitalize the T on technology, deify it if it will make you
feel less responsible -- but it puts you in with the neutered,
brother, in with the eunuchs keeping the harem of our stolen Earth for
the numb and joyless hardons of human sultans, human elite with no
right at all to be where they are --
			       Thomas Pynchon, _Gravity's Rainbow_