[RULE] Re: Slinky 0.3.9 on Highscreen P233, 64MB

Ingo Lantschner ingo at vum.at
Sun May 4 11:29:58 EEST 2003

> Can you try turning off dma at boot time?
>
> At the boot prompt, enter
> linux ide=nodma
:-)) ok, this solved the problem - thanks!

Setup continued w/o problems up to the end. After restart I did the
workaround you suggested for expat and after loging in as user I type
startx and get a blank (dark) screen. Changing to console 2 and 3 is no
problem, I can restart from there the machine but after restart the same
problem again after typing startx.

The Graphicscard is: ELSA Victory 3D, S3 86c325 Virge

I was searching for logfiles of the X-Server but could not find one.
Also I have not found a configurationfile, where I can change the
videomode (VGA, SVGA, ...), Frequency, ...

Do you have again a tip? Bye, Ingo.

Ingo Lantschner

	Verein zur Unterstuetzung von Menschen
	Marchettigasse 5/11, A-1060 Wien