[RULE] About the screenshot tool

Jason Bechtel jasonbechtel at care2.com
Tue May 13 00:15:20 EEST 2003

Ingo,

It's perfectly fine to use --nodeps in the
situation you describe.  And if you intend to
install the second package anyway, then there's
no absolutely difference between what you did and
doing

 rpm -ivh perl perl-Filter

The only problem might be if you had tried to
install perl-Filter *first* using --nodeps and
then installed perl.  It just seems like
perl-Filter must be the smaller package and
probably looks for certain perl files and
directories that wouldn't exist if perl hadn't
been installed.

Jason