[RULE] Installing co-dependent rpm's

Richard Kweskin rkwesk at mail.ariadne-t.gr
Tue May 13 15:21:36 EEST 2003

On Monday 12 May 2003 22:35, Ingo Lantschner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> snip
>
> So perl depends on perl-Filter and perl-Filter depends on perl. Finally
> I did:
> 	rpm -ivh perl --nodeps
> 	rpm -ivh perl-Filter
> and anything was fine - at least for screenshooting.

I read a tip from Don Marti that addressed this co-dependency problem, but it
was in reference to someone trying to update rather than install.  "Just
cursor up and keep adding the packages that rpm complains about to the rpm
-Uvh command until it's happy. This works for removing codependent packages
too."

Would this do with rpm -ivh also?

Richard